Although it feels like we were just announcing the winners for the 2017 Packaging Awards, it’s actually been nearly two years! So, once again, it’s time to announce the opening of the 10th bi-annual Foodservice Packaging Awards.
Yes, you read that correctly. This is the 10th Foodservice Packaging Awards competition, supported by FPI and QSR magazine!
As in years past, we will accept nominations to honor excellence and innovation in foodservice packaging. In addition to the prestigious “Foodservice Package of the Year” designation, awards will also be given in the following five categories:
- Excellence in Brand Delivery: For excellence in the use of graphics or graphic design elements on packaging to promote brand recognition.
- Excellence in New Menu Launch: For excellence in packaging that supports the launch of a new menu item.
- Innovation in Convenience: For innovative features that make packaging easier to use and / or more convenient for the consumer and / or foodservice workers.
- Innovation in Manufacturing: For raw material, machinery and / or converting innovations that enhance packaging.
- The “Wow” Factor: For packaging with that extra “wow” effect when consumers or foodservice operators use or see this item.
Nominations will be accepted until July 19, 2019, and will then be judged by a panel of industry experts in design, merchandising, manufacturing and product stewardship. We’ll announce the winners during our Fall Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, October 24-25. Winners will also be featured in QSR’s November 2019 issue.
We know there are some great packaging products out there — we see and hear about them all the time! This is your company’s chance to gain recognition for the exciting work you’re doing to continually evolve and adapt foodservice packaging products to meet the needs of the marketplace.
So, if you are a foodservice packaging manufacturer, supplier, foodservice operator, distributor or public relations firm, please take a moment to enter the free competition by nominating yourself or others. You can find more information and details on entering the competition on QSR’s website.
We can’t wait to see the new, innovative and exciting foodservice packaging products in this year’s competition!